Thursday, April 29, 2010

Today is the Day

It's after midnight, which means that we get to move today.
It seems like such a minor thing, but for us - it's a pretty monumental occasion.  For us, it's not just moving...it's moving into a house.  We may not be buying it, or even thinking of buying it, but it's certainly a step up from our 700 sq. ft. duplex.  It also means a great deal to our children (the pups).  They've had it kind of rough here.  We were hard pressed to find time to be able to put them in the "yard" we have because it was so poorly built, they seemed to have no trouble getting out of it.  For me, it will be the first time I've had a garage since I was in the 6th grade; and the garage is for our cars.  None of my cars have ever seen the inside of a garage.  It seems small, but to us it isn't.  Sure, it's been stressful trying to get everything lined up in the short amount of time we were given, but it also forced us (well, me) to make a decision to make the move.  I've been really uncertain about moving to Oklahoma City, and it's something that I'm doing for US, rather than for ME.  And that is a pretty big deal.
I finally have all the laundry done, and 98% of our things are in boxes or tubs.  It's a weird feeling to look around the place we've called home for the last 13 months and it be relatively empty.  I only hope that tomorrow goes as smoothly as possible and there are no major hitches.

I feel exhausted from all the packing and scrubbing; and I know that I've worked so hard that my body is exhausted and I desperately need a shower.  Though I wish I didn't need to take one since I worked so hard cleaning the tub.

I wish I had more time to do wedding stuff, there just never seems to be time anymore with the move and trying to find a job.  Any extra time I have on the internet I spend looking for an opening to send in my resume.  I've had 4 interviews so far and have another one on Monday, but thats it really.  The one I was hoping to get doesn't seem to look so good at the moment, though I thought I hit it off really well with the man who interviewed me.  ...  Oh well, there will be other jobs, and eventually someone will offer me a job.  Until then, maybe I can finagle a few days off between finishing my current job and starting a new one.  I know that I could use a few days to rest - with no school, no work, and nothing to do but be lazy.  Probably something we all could use a little more of.

Once we get settled, I'll get back to the interesting wedding stuff.  I promise.
But for now it's time to get in the shower.  So for now, goodbye - until later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment