Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Feedback

I'm desperately in need of some feedback here.  I was really hoping that this blog would get people involved and talking about the wedding, which so far, has been unsuccessful.


Still...I trudge on.


I found this wonderful bridesmaids dress by Melissa Sweet
In their color "Dove," it's just the sort of silvery grey I was hoping to find.  (Many thanks to Emily for matching up the random dress I found on another blog!)
It doesn't look great on the model, but I saw some photography from another wedding and the dress looks great on a regular sized person :)

Right now it seems like invitations are going to be the hard thing to settle on.  They seem so expensive (at least all the ones that I like).  And I'm all for DIY-ing things for the wedding, but DIY-ing 150 invitations may be a bit excessive.  

I'm trying to hash out things that just can't be sacrificed.  Floral arrangements are the first thing to cut back on definitely, especially if the wedding is outdoors.  I hope that the venue itself will have plenty of blooms already intact.  

I'm also thinking about learning calligraphy.  I already have pretty decent handwriting, but I'd like it to be better when addressing invitations.  Hand-written addresses and notes have a much more personal feel than printed labels, definitely the kind of touch I'd like to put on the invitations.

I guess thats it for tonight, I'm awfully tired and have work early in the morning.

Thanks again.

*EDIT*
Here's the above dress on an actual person, in "Dove"
It's the one on the far left!

2 comments:

  1. hey, put the photo of the dress on the real person on here. it's SO much better.

    calligraphy note: my sister does calligraphy, we could get her to help with whatever you need. and i'm sure she could teach me and you both.

    have you looked at etsy for invitations?

    what do you think about yellow orchids? i don't know how expensive they are, but i know you can get some pretty decent looking fake ones. this is my idea with those:

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_O27cixOgVVg/SsYXm14KP7I/AAAAAAAABbY/gSoTeW49giM/s400/Yellow+Wedding4.jpg

    (i would have inserted it as an image, but for whatever reason, it's not allowed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful dress. Not too foofoo.

    ReplyDelete