Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Color Me ... ????

Wedding colors have been an issue of hot debate around the house for awhile now.  A snippet of a few conversations we've had...


"What about brown? Like a nice, satiny, chocolatey brown."
"I don't want a brown cake, it'd be chocolate - and I don't like chocolate."
"Well, the cake doesn't have to be brown silly."


"I like yellow. What do you think about yellow?"
"I guess that depends on the shade of yellow, what do you think?"
"I don't know what shade!"


...As I said, hot debate.


So after some (okay, a lot) of perusing the world wide web - I've come up with some color combinations that I'm pretty fond of; so check it out!
Kind of a golden, sunny yellow with a bit of rustic, almost bronze brown.  And even though this one is silk, I thought it was really pretty.
A really soft peach color displayed over a more pastel yellow.  A beautiful combination, though I'm not sure how well the scheme fits mine and Matthew's personalities.

Yellow and orange.  Both super bright and vibrant.  A bit of an unusual color combination...maybe I'm just drawn to the delicious desserts on the table!

An even more unusual combination - and one of my favorites so far!  Kind of a silvery grey complimented by splashes of orange and yellow (so it doesn't have to feel so gloomy!)


White, green and brown.  This color scheme is really earthy and I think could be GREAT for an outdoor wedding/reception. Plus those invitations are really cute.



This light green and orange floral arrangement really caught my eye.  I think Better Homes and Gardens really had it right with this one.  The splashes of purple in the green flowers really caught my eye.  I only worry about the green, because right around the time of year we are thinking about having the wedding, EVERYTHING will be blossoming, and there may already be an overload of green.

     These are just the ones that I've loved since I began looking - if you happen to find something you think is just fantastic, post a link - we'll get it up here so everyone can take a look!
I'd like to get a poll on here, so that people could actually vote and we could really see what people were thinking, but for now I haven't had the opportunity to find such a gadget.

     Please leave comments to let me know what you think of the pics above and about all the other things I've mentioned, they are very appreciated.  I've fixed it to where even if you don't have a gmail account you can post comments.  They will be listed as "Anonymous" so be sure to sign your name to it!  Also, don't hesitate to send this out to anyone you think ought to be in the loop about the wedding - this site is for EVERYBODY!

     Love you guys! Hope your weeks are going great, despite the stormy weather outside!
P.S.  To comment, just click on "COMMENTS" below the post and it should provide with a type box to enter your comment into.  I just noticed, but you can also subscribe by email - I'm assuming if you do, it will send you a memo anytime I post something new.  

2 comments:

  1. I like the yellow and bronze brown. Those colors go good together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and I had yellow and peach at our wedding.

    ReplyDelete