Friday, April 9, 2010

Exploration

Oklahoma seems to have just skipped right past spring and gone straight to early summer.  Which means...garage sales!

Ponca City is having a ton on them this weekend, so Matthew and I intend to get up early and head up there for some spectacular garage sale-ing.  He wants a desk, and has wanted a desk ever since we moved into our two bedroom place - I'm not so sure that we have room to put one anywhere, but we'll see.  What I'll be looking for are vases.  All clear glass, but different shapes and sizes.  I'm sure you're asking yourselves "What does this have to do with wedding planning?"  
Centerpieces.  
Matthew thinks that they all ought to match, but I'm not so sure about that.  Nothing else seems to match really.  And I'm not a "matchy" person.  I'm pretty lucky if the clothes I put on in the morning don't completely clash.  
There are always things to pick up at garage sales, no matter how off the wall it happens to be.  Last time we went I think I bought a Little House on the Prairie book for my mother, and a wall hanging.

Something fun to do for the weekend anyways.  

Obviously we haven't decided on colors yet, but Matthew also likes the gray and orange and yellow combination - and the fact that I was able to find that dress online, that was the perfect color, seems promising.  I guess we'll see.  I'm just hoping Melissa Sweet doesn't get rid of this collection just because Spring has sprung.

3 comments:

  1. i laughed when i read this at ten thirty. yeah, you coming to ponca did not happen. sad face.

    unless you didn't call me. because in that case, it would be "mad face."

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the blog, so cute! i will be calling soon, and i expect an engagement party invite in the mail (yes mail) soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like thing to match perfect, need to change it up a little bit or it's boring.

    ReplyDelete