Saturday, July 2, 2011

Another Saturday

Went garage saling again today - and got another great wrought iron piece.  It almost looks like a pot bellied stove on a stand.  $1.
Simply for household I got a glass decanter and a green glass bottle $2.50.
We didn't do a ton of looking around for sales because we got up pretty late this morning.  Most of the money I got out of the ATM I spent on lunch (Hideaway Pizza).

Now for a debate.  These are both DIY Pomanders (in leu of spending more money on floral arrangements) to use on chairs at the end of the aisles at the ceremony.  I'm not sure which I like better or if I like them just the same.  The tissue paper ones obviously look...fuller, I guess; but does that make them look BETTER necessarily?  They probably cost right at about the same amount, so thats not really an issue.  Finding silver tissue paper would be a lot easier than finding silver fabric though.  If I go through with the lantern idea for centerpieces, I think I'd like to use the tissue ones and make like "half balls" (ha!) and put them in the bottom where the tea light out to go.  Thoughts?
fabric pomanders

tissue paper pomanders

Speaking of centerpieces - I think I'd like to just really switch it up.  Like some tables have the wrought iron, some tables have vases with fake flowers floating in water....spice things up a bit.  As long as everything else on the tables are uniform (plates, napkins, silverware, glasses, etc) I think that would work.

As promised, here is the link to my pinterest wedding board...
http://pinterest.com/madelenegail/wedding/
I really really need to get to cleaning if I want to get started on these DIY projects any time soon, I'd like to have the house in total order first.

No comments:

Post a Comment