Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to Blogging

Now that we have internet at the house - I'll actually have a bit of time to look at wedding stuff and consider more things to post here.  I'm doubting that anyone will still view it since I haven't posted in awhile - but hopefully people have been checking back in every now and then.  

I'm really loving the orange and grey/silver scheme - the more I think about it.  I had considered an emerald green color (from a shirt that I have) with silver, but...those are Slytherin colors - and I can't abide that. :)

We've been doing well in our new house - and we have both started back to school this month.  Things will be busy for awhile, but thats probably of the best.  Both of us have lots of studying to do and plenty of regular job-work to go along with it.  We're hoping that his work schedule becomes a bit easier - less late nights, more morning scheduling.  My schedule at work is regulated enough, but its very nice to have a bit of prompting to crack open my books.

As far as the wedding goes - I've been thinking a lot about chinese paper lanterns - and even purchased some black wire tea light holders that look like globes (or paper lanterns).  If I can find enough of them for centerpieces, I plan to spray paint them silver, and place orange candles inside them - possibly even place flower petals in the bottom of the cage which is away from the flame of the candle.  I'll do a trial run when I get some time and see how all of it goes.  

With halloween coming up maybe I'll be able to get some nice orange trinkets on sale - at the very least I should be able to find the shades I want when fall begins to dwindle into winter.  

Back to work for now - really on-to work, as at 2 my "shift" begins.  Hopefully after homework tonight I can do some more tinkering on theknot.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment